As you know, Samsung Galaxy S II is released back in the month of April this year, but iPhone 5 was delayed from its scheduled arrival due to the natural calamities. The delay helped Samsung Galaxy S2 to capture the smartphone market, and even forced some of the iPhone 5 fans to switch sides. As per the sources, most of the people are waiting for the launch of iPhone 5 so that they can compare both Samsung Galaxy S 2 and iPhone 5 and can take the decision accordingly.
Samsung has sold upto 10 million units of Galaxy S2 since its release. There are two reasons behind the success of Samsung Galaxy S2 as follows:
- First, that Samsung Galaxy S2 has awesome features, appearance, and functionality and stands unique among all other existing Android smartphones.
- Another reason is rumored as the absence of iPhone 5 in the market. There are some sources saying that if iPhone 5 has gotten released, it might have prevailed over the Galaxy S II.
The above statement seems to be true upto some extent because Apple has a very competitive image in the market, and as per the performance of the series of iPhone since their introduction to the market until today, it is clear that no one can beat them.
Let’s have a brief overview on the iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S II including their features, appearance, firmware and functionality to make it easy for you to compare both the phones. The following comparison is made on different perspective as given below:
Samsung Galaxy S II:
- Display: super AMOLED display with 4.3 inches screen
- Processor: Dual-core 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor
- Operating System: Running on Android 2.3
- Camera: 8MP rear-facing camera with LED flash and a 2MP front-facing camera
- Battery Backup: talk time of up to 18 hours in 2G and about 9 hours in 3G
- Memory: internal memory of 16/32 GB configuration with MicroSD up to 32GB
- Connectivity: Download speeds of up to 21 Mbps on HSDPA and upload speeds of up to 5.76 Mbps on HSUPA
- Pricing: $599 to $699 for an unlocked 16GB version and a locked version sold in US at $250 to $300+ price range
As you know, that iPhone 5 is not launched yet. It may have the following features as per the speculations.
- Display: A bigger edge-to-edge 3.7 to 4-inch curved glass screen
- Processors: A5 Dual-Core Processor powered with 1.2 or 1.5 GHz
- Operating System: iOS 5
- Camera: 8MP camera with LED flash
- Battery Backup: expected to have a improved and longer battery life as compare to its predecessor iPhone 4, that currently offers upto 7 hours on 3G and 14 hours on 2G. On the usage of the internet, it becomes 6 hours on 3G and 10 hours on Wi-Fi.
- Memory: 16/32/64 internal memory and does not allow the external memory.
- Connectivity: Expected to bring HSDPA between 14 Mbps and 21 Mbps
- Pricing: $600, as per the speculations
Above features are indicating a clear view of both, iPhone 5 and Galaxy S II, you can yourself figure out which one will be better for you and can take a decision, whether to wait for iPhone 5 or to purchase the Samsung Galaxy S II, choice is yours. No doubt, Samsung Galaxy S2 has great performance but can not replace the king of the market that is iPhone 5.